PDC, simpler and clearer
Process data in PDC can be arranged on the one hand into summary views of the type “list of products containing components from a specific batch”, and on the other hand into analytical views typu „detail procesu výroby konkrétneho výrobku s jedinečným sériovým číslom (časový priebeh, operátor, prechod pracoviskami, testy, rework a pod.). The PDC solution is most usefully implemented in manaufacturing branches where there is increased demand for monitoring and archiving of data, especially for safety reasons. Typical examples are the automotive, electrotechnical and chemical segments.
The PDC solution provides a range of capabilities:
- configuration of the firm’s own structure of production lines and workstations,
- definition of working shifts, employee groups and the working schedule for production,
- specification of products and their structural breakdown, arranging them into product versions and designs,
- definition of day or shift production plans, or their importation from the planning system,
- planning shutdowns of production lines and workstations and evaluation of reaction times,
- configuration of PDC application settings in the firm’s own regime,
- import and export of data from/to third-party systems,
- setting up e-mail notification of fault reports,
- monitoring the movement of a specific product (with a unique serial number) from its planned or actual input into production, its passage through the line workstations and testing points making up its production (suitable for partner company audits and claim-based searches) until its output or removal from the production process,
- automation of production data collection on a day or shift time basis, with auto-detection of unplanned shutdowns,
- assuming the availability of production data, the possibility of real-time monitoring of the course of line and workstation plan fulfillment, and subsequent visualization of the course of production on large-screen monitors,
- evaluation of shift productivity in terms of all available quality indicators, factoring in both planned and unplanned shutdowns, and providing documents for managerial assessment of performance.