Name: IBM Power Systems
Target users: industry – wholesale and retail distribution, banking and financial services, insurance, transportation and automotive industry.
Supported operating systems: IBM i, AIX, Linux
Supported database: IBM DB2, My SQL
IBM DB2 is an integrated database for the IBM i platform. It consists of a combination of a relation database, SQL standards, native support for XML, control of advanced database accessories, security and web services.
DB2 offers additional middleware components:
- multiple file system offers
- capacities list,
- HTTP Apache web-server,
- web application server,
- environment for web-service,
- outstanding environment for running business applications.
This database comes free-of-charge in the IBM DB2 Express-C version. More about IBM DB2
Supported software technologies:
- Power VM virtualizing system
- Power HA increased access system
- IBM Systems Director platform and energy control system
More about IBM technologies for IBM Power Systems in the document IBM Systems and Technology >>