Do I really need software to manage my documents – can’t I do it manually?
Law No.41/2011 Coll., §16 sec. 4 states: “The creator of a registry which is a public administration body shall carry out administration of that registry by means of an electronic document management system, if so stipulated by special law.”
This means that once such a special law is passed, public administration bodies will be under obligation to administer their registries electronically, but as long as the law does not stipulate the form of administration for other organizations, they will be able to continue managing their documents manually. Even so, this activity can be carried out much more easily and efficiently electronically.
In the CONTRACTS module, can I add contracts retrospectively, that is for previous years?
Yes, that is possible.
Is it possible to arrange for access to important contracts to be limited to certain people?
Yes, that is possible through the application authorization settings.
Our server runs on the Linux Debian operating system – can we install eRegis on that?
No, eRegis is only able to run on servers operating on Windows systems.
What advantages do I get by paying for eRegis system maintenance and support?
Primarily you get:
- eRegis system modifications if the server is upgraded to a higher OS version,
- eRegis system modifications due to changes in Law No.395/2002 Coll. on Archives and Registries or in Law No.211/2000 Coll. on Free Access to Information (customer must have PUBLISHING module installed),
- hotline service – telephone and e-mail assistance between 8am and 4pm on working days.
You say eRegis offers preprogrammed headed paper – what does that mean?
This is headed paper created by a program which automatically uploads details given in a registry entry or file (e.g. own address, recipient’s address, re line, and other details supplied by you). Headed paper documents can then be worked on further in your usual way, e.g. using MS Word, and later if you wish either the completed document or work in progress can be dded to the entry as an electronic attachment.
Can eRegis be linked up to our financial system?
Yes, but here it is necessary to consider several facts – what exactly would you like to connect, or synchronize, whether one-off or repeatedly, in which directions (only from eRegis, only from the financial software, or both ways), which technological basis your financial software is developed on, and so on. Once we know the details, we will be able to give you a suitable reply.
Is it possible in eRegis to keep records of the documents of our branches or subsidiaries?
Yes, and there are several possibilities for this too, depending on whether you keep central mail records for your branches, or if you keep your branch documents separately (e.g. decentralized post-books).
You say eRegis is an online web application, but I know about various danger on the internet – are my data and access really secure?
Yes, they are. The security in eRegis is explained in the Technology and security section above, and in the answer to the following question.
I just don’t trust the internet, so I don’t want to put important company documents there…
Yes, it’s true that various dangers are spread on the internet, but try considering several facts which mean that you don’t need to be afraid of accessing eRegis through a web browser:
- you are connected to eRegis through a secure https protocol,
- the level of security in eRegis is comparable with what you commonly find in e-mail, data storage or internet banking services,
- in the case of catastrophic data loss, we are able to renew your data retrospectively,
- research demonstrates that computer attacks come more frequently from internal employees (up to 60%) than from external hackers, and with this in mind eRegis regulates access to individual options through the application authorizations and by checking movements within the application (source: research by the company Eset in 2011).